Chapter 7 - Religion


According to some estimates,there are roughly 4200 religions in the world.out of which CHRISTIANITY is the world's largest religion which is followed by ISLAM.

So, are you gonna pick the biggest? Are you gonna pick out one of 4200? Is only one right? Or does each one have it's own merit?

We all have our own perceptions of the Almighty. There are many definitions. I have always tried to believe that if I am overall good, and I do not hurt others, and I try to help others - I should be ok in the eyes of God. I know it is a lot more complex than that, but sometimes we need to break things down... simplify them as it were. And maybe start from there.

The Bahá'í Faith (/bəˈhɑːiː, -ˈhaɪ/; Persian: بهائی‎ Bahā'i) is a religion teaching the essential worth of all religions, and the unity and equality of all people.[1] Established by Bahá'u'lláh in 1863, it initially grew in Iran and parts of the Middle East, where it has faced ongoing persecution since its inception.[2] Currently it has between 5 and 8 million adherents, known as Bahá'ís, spread out into most of the world's countries and territories.[.

I do like how this one incorporates to some extent all religions, but it is not that easy. It goes into it's own agenda as well. I believe all religions were written by humans, and they all had their own agenda. I will try to summarize my beliefs and thoughts, but in NO way am I trying to start a new religion. I like to think of it as a common sense approach. I will try to touch on as many subjects as possible. Not everyone will agree with all of them. And not one of them will everyone agree upon. We must all look in the mirror, and deep within our souls, our being, and then decide whom we want to be. And then follow those beliefs the best we can. It is never easy, but I think we all need to be driven by pure and positive thinking. Being human, it is not easy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 2 - No Labels

Chapter 6 - Climate and Going Green