Chapter 8 - Advertising and Marketing


This subject matter is evolving daily. Different forms and types of Marketing and Advertising. I say some day soon a lot of it will be gone... for good. GOOD! I used to love it, now I despise it. M N A try to program us to do what they want us to do, to become consumers, and buy their goods. If I want something, I will research it, then buy what I want. I will not M N A persuade me otherwise. I try not to be an impulse buyer. Impulse buying gets people into trouble!

TV will no longer have commercials. People will pay for the shows they want to watch, not 289 channels of crap. And finally we won't have food commercials on all night long. I am so hungry when I go to bed. I am not even hungry, but I want a cheeseburger. Stop programming us to be fat consumers.

Now let's talk about Juliet Schor's book, Born To Buy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 2 - No Labels

Chapter 6 - Climate and Going Green